It’s time to gather around the hearth and warm up with some family-friendly, guilt-free, non-alcoholic mulled wine. Perfect for children, people who don’t drink, parents and carers of young children and even those who want to enjoy a glass of mulled wine without overdoing it (which can be all too easy over the festive period). Turn on your favourite festive tunes, light a fire or some light candles, get your non-alcoholic mulled wine simmering toss in some spices for good measure—invite the spirit of Christmas into your home.
Mulled wine is popular all over the world. Also known as glühwein, vino caliente, kuhano vino, glögg, vin brulé, bisschopswijn, vin chaud, candola, vinho quente – it’s no secret that mulled wine is a much loved festive drink enjoyed all over the world.
Mulled wine is like a warm hug in a glass. A non-alcoholic version is a perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit without overdoing it on the alcohol.
Turn on your favourite festive tunes, light a fire or some light candles, get your non-alcoholic mulled wine simmering toss in some spices for good measure—invite the spirit of Christmas into your home.
I’ve always associated mulled wine with festive parties and gatherings, but having an easy non-alcoholic mulled wine recipe is so easy to make, and you don’t have to worry about alcohol intake or having glass after glass. Mulled wine is unbelievably easy to make, even on a weeknight, and fills your home with holiday fragrance.
Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine Recipe
- 8 cups of apple juice or apple cider
- 2 cups of cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 orange, sliced (to minimise bitterness, I recommend peeling the orange before simmering)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons of whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons of whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons of grated nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- In a large pot, combine the apple juice or cider, cranberry juice, honey, orange slices, lemon slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add them to the pot, along with the vanilla bean itself.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mulled wine through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the spices and citrus slices.
- Stir in the orange zest, garnish and make it look pretty with cranberries and dried orange slices then serve the mulled wine warm.
Enjoy your non-alcoholic mulled wine and let us know if you love it! If you found this useful, you’ll love our quick and easy dried orange slices.